Allen-Sherman-Hoff is recognized as the world's premier supplier of ash handling
equipment. The roots of the Allen-Sherman-Hoff company date back to 1917 when the
Baker-Dunbar-Allen Company of Cleveland, Ohio was formed to fulfill the need for
improved coal handling techniques in power generating plants. In 1921, Frank Allen
left for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to form a new company with two other individuals,
Max Sherman and Leigh Hoff. Together they formed the Allen-Sherman-Hoff Company
(A-S-H). Coincidentally, the initials of the new company, A-S-H, formed the letters
of the very product that would eventually come to represent creativity and innovation
in the design of premier ash handling technologies and products.
The company banner stated this simply "A-S-H - our name denotes our business". This
slogan would declare Allen-Sherman-Hoff's commitment to the development of ash handling
systems and equipment which has continued to the present time. As a result of this
commitment, the A-S-H brand name is recognized worldwide for quality systems and
Through a series of acquisitions, Allen-Sherman-Hoff became part of Diamond Power
International, Inc. (DPII). Allen-Sherman-Hoff is the company's ash handling division.
Founded in 1921
Ash Handling Division of Diamond Power International, Inc.
Located in Exton, PA
World's Premier Supplier of Ash Handling Systems and Equipment
ISO 9001:2000 Certified
Provides Ash and Material Handling Solutions for Utility, Pulp & Paper and Waste-to-Energy
Click here to order technical papers.